Wow...

So I've been getting a lot more hits on my blog lately. Thanks, random people in Germany and South Korea. You guys make my day. (Oh, and thanks to Mel and Rob for reading this, since you're the only English-speaking people I know that do. Woot!)

Anyway...Now that I have an official following (HAHAHA) I should start posting more interesting stuff, right? Or something? I've been looking around at other blogs people have, and they usually have one of these themes:

  • "Ohmygosh we're NEWLYWEDS and our life is SO GREAT because we're TOGETHER all the TIME and let me tell you about how GREAT AND WONDERFUL MY HUSBAND IS because [insert gushy crap here] [more gush] [and even more gush] [I bet you thought they were done, but EVEN MORE GUSH] etc, etc, etc. 
  • Overly large pictures of food they've made, followed by a recipe, as if you can supposedly make it look as good as the perfectly formed (probably Photoshopped/Pinterested) icons that you see. Let me tell you, coming from someone who's not the best in the kitchen, looking at something like that is very un-inspiring. 
  • Pictures of them and their "latest favorite trend!!! Hi, I'm Allison, and I'm going to show you how I took this $60 shirt from a boutique and matched it with these $150 jeans, and this necklace that I stole from my roommate, and wow! Don't I look amazing!" Um, sure, I guess...I don't know. I don't spend that much money on clothes for myself, I'm too busy paying tuition and groceries (...and the occasional run to Costa Vida...), and I don't think I look like THAT bad most of the time. Do I like screen tees? Yes. If it were completely up to me, I'd wear a tee shirt or a v-neck every day with some skinnies and my Converse. There you go. Consider yourself briefed on my "fashion". 
  • Cutesy stories about their life as an elementary school teacher. "Oh, and then little Timmy came up to me and showed me the picture he drew of me riding a unicorn off into the valley of rainbows and gumdrops!" Oh, goody... If I wanted cute, I'd go look at pictures of my little sister or something. There's something cute I care about.
So...yeah. None of that will be on my blog, I can personally guarantee that. Sorry...? Haha, who am I kidding. This blog is 100% me, and if it was all that other stuff, it would be a poser blog. No posers here!

-K  

Comments