Music Monday

Hey all you out there. It's Monday, which  means piano teaching day! Woohoo! I'd be more excited if my kids would stop "quitting for the summer" :/ In my experience, "quit for the summer" = "quit forever"... So hopefully these kids are really just taking a break and not quitting for good. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Piano teaching is interesting because you can advertise all you want, but if nobody wants to take piano you're up crap creek, as my dad likes to say. I've been able to build up my business pretty well over the last few years, but with the economy the way it is people cut out what they don't need, and unfortunately a lot of the time that includes piano lessons. I guess it's their decision, it's just really sad when one of my favorite kids will quit (who am I kidding, they're all my favorite) and they had so much potential that will go unrealized. It's hard for me when one of my kids quits. Almost nothing makes me more depressed than getting a text saying "We've enjoyed taking piano from you, but I think we'll take a break for awhile." :( Hopefully things will pick up soon.

In other news, I am currently obsessed with this song. I've learned the guitar chords already. P!nk is usually hit and miss for me, but I really like this one, and the fact that it features Nate Reuss from Fun makes it that much better. (I love Fun.) Plus the lyrics just really hit home for me right now. 


PS, the music video is pretty whack, so I'd avoid that, unless you like teddy bears with creepy glowing eyes...

-K

Comments