Friday Thoughts

Well, school's out for the summer! Not really, I'm still taking some summer classes, so no break for me :/ But that's okay. I brought it on myself, and if I work hard then I can graduate in December! Oh yeah, believe it. I could be a college grad soon! (Actually, if you want to get technical, I was a college grad back in 2009, when I graduated with my Associate's degree...but I could have a degree actually worth something soon.)

What else...Well, due to some miscommunication at my job, I now get to live-caption two softball games in a row tonight and two in a row tomorrow. Let me tell you something. Softball is, without a doubt, the most boring sport ever created. No joke...Unless golf is in the picture. That might be the most boring sport to transcribe. But softball is by far the worst thing I've ever live-captioned. I don't know. I'm sure it's fun to play, and I know people that enjoy it, but good grief. The worst part is the announcers on my station talk ALL the time. They never stop! So I'm sitting here transcribing a bunch of words that mean absolutely nothing. Just filling empty air space. I just about want to give up and smash my head on the keyboard, because it's not like anybody watches softball anyway. Yeah. Okay, out of you readers, how many of you watch college softball on TV? Okay. Keep those hands high where I can see them. Now, how many of you watch it with captions on? Oh look, NO ONE is raising their hand. Huh. (Mom, you don't count, you just watch it because I'm captioning it...) Heck, how many of you actually GO to softball? No one? Okay. Just checking.

It's also really annoying to go to work these last couple days because it's graduation season, which means there's five million people taking pictures everywhere in their cap and gown, looking all graduated and happy. Ick. Last year, after trying to avoid all the picture takers, I have come to the conclusion that there is no way to avoid all the pictures being taken everywhere I go, so I've made it a game. When I walk home from work on commencement day, I always try to photo-bomb as many pictures as possible. Last year I got like...30? I'm excited to see how many I can get this year. I'll keep you guys posted.

-K

PS. Here's a song that's been stuck in my head lately (Thanks Mel! Just kidding. I like it. It reminds me of high school all over again). Maybe if I post it here, I can listen to other music again. Ha.




Comments