ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

The other day me and C were just chilling at home waiting for Jimmy Fallon to start when we saw something called an Ice Bucket Challenge on FB. We then spent two hours watching various videos and ranking them. Here, for no reason, and in no particular order, are our favorite ALS ice bucket challenges all in one place! I have decided to rank them on 1) introduction length and clarity, 2) coldness of ice water, 3) reaction to ice water, 4) Person splashing, and 5) recovery. Rankings are out of five stars.

Robert Downey Jr:

Introduction: Five stars. Concise and to the point.
Coldness: Not sure. I'll give it three out of five ice cubes. I mean, stars. Three out of five stars.
Reaction:  Classic RDJ. I want to make his little muted scream of indignation a ringtone.
Person: You go, Mrs. RDJ! 
Recovery: Solid recovery. The Thor action figure is a nice touch. 

President George W. Bush:


Introduction: Five stars. Not too long, not too short.
Coldness: Not sure. Three out of five ice cubes.
Reaction: Haha, his look of indignation is awesome.
Person: Yay Laura Bush! I got to hear her give a speech in person earlier this year and she is a true lady, in every sense of the word. But it was awesome to see her in this setting.  
Recovery: I like how it switches locations and he has a towel. Solid recovery, Mr. President. 

Dule Hill:


Introduction: Dule Hill is gold.
Coldness: Not sure. Looks pretty cold.
Reaction: HAHAHA I usually condone swearing but his little four-letter slip is the funniest part of this to me...
Person: Haha, from cup to cooler... I love this video so much.
Recovery: "Suck it, ALS!" sums up my sentiments exactly.

Speedo Guy:

Introduction: A little long, just stay with him.
Coldness: Five million ice cubes. That is all.
Reaction: Poor guy, that just had to hurt...
Person: This is the most intense one I've seen and every time that truck bed opens and it all comes whooshing out, I can't stop laughing! 
Recovery: Poor guy... Poor, poor guy.

So these are my top four. Any others you like? List them in the comments!

-K

Comments